The Griffin and Spalding County Public Safety Departments, local education, local healthcare providers and state agencies have united to prepare for a simulated ‘Active Shooter’ exercise. The purpose of this collaboration is to proactively train and prepare for crisis emergencies such as this in our community.
- Friday, December 7, beginning at 9am, our agencies will conduct a simulated exercise.
- This is a scheduled drill, NOT a CRISIS EMERGENCY situation.
- Assigned emergency vehicles and mock injuries may be visible during the exercise.
- Access to Southern Crescent Technical Film School (N. Expressway) parking lot will be closed.
- Signage will be placed at all involved entrances and training areas will be clearly marked.
- Surrounding businesses should not be affected.
- Prior to the exercise and during Dec. 7 training event, public information officers will be available to answer any questions the community may have regarding the exercise.
- Safeguards are in place to manage traffic and security of the Southern Crescent campus.
The safety of Spalding County residents is the top priority. We ask the community to understand the importance of this valuable training. The exercise will enhance first responder and associated partner communication, coordination, protective measures, and timely, effective response/recovery processes.
Due to the sensitive nature of the activity, media nor the general public will be permitted on campus during the exercise. Media interviews with those involved in the exercise can be arranged after the event.
For any questions, please call the Spalding County Office of Homeland
Security / Emergency Management at 770-228-2129.