Friday, October 12, 2018
From 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Fairgrounds Farmers Market
1025 S. Hill Street
Griffin, GA 30224
Come celebrate Mater Day with us!
Bring the whole family to taste different varieties of freshly picked local tomatoes.
- Pick up tomato-inspired recipes and canning tips from our Family and Consumer Sciences Agent Cindee Sweda.
- Make your own tomato sandwich with fixings of your choice.
- Learn tricks to growing beautiful tomatoes from our Master Gardeners who will be on hand to answer all of your gardening questions.
- Take a selfie with our Mater Day Mascot “Dancing Mater”.
- This is a free event and all ages are encouraged to experience Mater Day.
Farmers will have locally grown seasonal produce on hand for purchase. Be sure to support your local farmers!