Personnel Ordinance – This document explains all aspects of County employment.
A G-4 State Withholding Tax Form needs to be returned either by email to Angelia Byard or Kyria Williams, by fax to 678-734-3142 or delivered to Human Resources.
Federal tax forms and other demographic changes can be made through the Employee Self Service Portal (ESS).
Frequently Asked Questions:
- 2023 Holiday Schedule
- Leave Balances are maintained in the Novatime System ONLY.
Employee Web Access to Novatime System
- Employee Self Service Portal – Employee portal for updating demographic information, federal tax withholding, direct deposit, and viewing previous paychecks.
- Direct Deposit allows employees to designate money to multiple accounts. Direct Deposit notifications are e-mailed to employees one day prior to pay day. Final paychecks are not sent by direct deposit; final paychecks are picked up from your Department Head/Supervisor.
- Deductibles are based on a calendar year, January 1 – December 31.
- Dependents may be added or removed from insurance during the plan year if you experience a Qualifying Event.
- Qualifying events include birth/adoption/death, marriage/divorce/legal separation, gaining/losing employment, gaining/losing eligibility for benefits, etc.
Proper documentation MUST be submitted to the Human Resource Office within 30 days of the qualifying event.
- Insurance becomes effective on the 1st day of the month following 30 calendar days of employment. Premiums are paid a month in advance
- Open Enrollment is in May of each year. Elections/Changes become effective July 1st of each year.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is provided to full-time employees and their immediate family members and provides six free visits per concern with a licensed counselor. Counseling by phone is available 24/7, 1-800-865-1044, or appointments may be scheduled. www.bcbsga.com.
- Virgin Pulse is a well-being program available to full time employees that gives employees the tools to get active, get healthy, and get rewarded.
- Wellness Program – Spalding County is concerned about the health and wellness of our employees. See page 13 in your Benefits Handbook for ways to earn up to $700 in health rewards.
- Effective January 1, 2019 our retirement plan is a mandatory contributory Defined Benefit Plan. Calculation of benefits include a 2% multiplier and the plan effective date for current DB participants will be January 1, 2007, or date of hire if hired after January 1, 2007. The Plan includes a MANDATORY contribution of 2% for Regular employees and 4% for Public Safety (certified Firefighters and POST Mandated Law Enforcement Officers with Arrest Powers). Public Safety includes an early out retirement provision using a 75 rule with a minimum age of 50.
- Deferred Compensation is available and is 100% funded by the Employee. You may begin contributions at any time; contributions are made on either a pre-tax basis or after-tax (Roth) basis. Deferred Compensation is NOT a savings account and is NOT available for withdrawal until your employment ends.
- Emergency retirement withdrawal: Withdrawals from the 457 Deferred Compensation Plan due to financial hardship of an unforeseeable nature are allowed on a very limited basis, and only if the application and supporting documentation demonstrate that the request meets Plan and IRS regulations. See attached form for instructions.