If you cannot make it in person you can view Spalding County Commission meetings live: CLICK HERE.

Spalding County Tax Commissioners/Tag Office is now open.

Community Development

Building Permits

The Spalding County Community Development Office is responsible for issuing permits in unincorporated Spalding County as well as the towns of Sunny Side and Orchard Hill. Spalding County has access to numerous International Code Council certified professionals who perform all inspections and plan reviews.

Spalding County Community Development provides issuance of the following:

  • Permits for New Residential and New Commercial Structures
  • Permits for Remodeling of existing Residential and Commercial Structures
  • Permits for Residential and Commercial Accessory Structures (that exceed 120 square feet in total floor area)
  • Electrical Permits
  • Plumbing Permits
  • HVAC Permits
  • Low Voltage Permits
Building Permits

The Spalding County Community Development Office strives to ensure quality and excellence in all aspects of the building permitting and inspection process by processing applications in a timely and efficient manner and by providing thorough building and zoning compliance inspections for all construction projects. We place high-importance on customer service, knowledge of all facets of Building Codes and our willingness to be fair and considerate in our enforcement of these codes.

Spalding County is excited to launch its online permitting through SagesGov! All new applications for building, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing permits will be processed through SagesGov. This unique system allows for complete digital submittals, correspondence with our planning and building departments, and the ability to schedule inspections and see inspection results. Please use the link below to register a new account:

Once you have requested access, our employees will approve your request, or contact you via the information provided with any questions.