132 East Solomon Street
Griffin, Georgia 30223
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Judge Rita L. Cavanaugh
Chief Magistrate Judge
Judge Brennan T. MacDowell
Judge Sam Parks
Judge Wesley Shannon
What Magistrate Court Covers
- Civil Claims (15,000 or less)
- Dispossessories (No Limit)
- Personal Property Foreclosures
- Abandoned Motor Vehicles
- Issuance of Criminal Warrants &
- Misdemeanor Deposit Account Fraud
- County Ordinance Violations
Warrant Applications & Pre-Warrant Hearings
This is for an individual, other than a law enforcement officer, seeking a warrant for someone.
Basic forms needed for filing in Magistrate Court can be obtained from www.georgiamagistratecouncil.com. These are generic forms and are accepted by Spalding County Magistrate Court.