ON THURSDAY MAY 14, 2020 PROBATE COURT WILL OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS FOR WEAPONS CARRY LICENSE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. A MASK WILL BE REQUIRED TO ENTER PROBATE COURT. Go to georgiaprobaterecords.com to fill out your application then call for an appontment.
MARRIAGE LICENSE WILL STILL BE DONE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. A MASK WILL BE REQUIRED TO ENTER PROBATE COURT. Go to georgiaprobaterecords.com to fill out your application then call for an appointment.
ALL PROBATE MATTERS WILL BE FILED BY MAIL OR THROUGH OUR DROP BOX THAT IS IN THE LOBBY OF THE COURTHOUSE.
Weapons Carry License and Marriage License are by APPOINTMENT ONLY. You must apply online at www.georgiaprobaterecords.com before an appointment can be made. Upon completing the application online you will be given a confirmation number. Please call us at 770.467.4341 with that confirmation number to make an appointment.
AT THIS TIME FOR WEAPONS CARRY LICENSE APPLICANTS WE ARE REQUESTING THAT YOU COME ALONE. IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE BECAUSE OF A DISABILITY PLEASE LET US KNOW AT THE TIME YOUR APPOINTMENT IS MADE. WE ARE STILL ADHEREING TO THE SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES AND THERE IS NOT ENOUGH ROOM FOR EXTRA PEOPLE. AGAIN, PLEASE WEAR A MASK.
FOR MARRIAGE APPLICANTS WE ASK THAT ONLY THE COUPLE WHO IS APPLYING FOR A MARRIAGE LICENSE COME TO THE SECOND FLOOR AT YOUR APPOINTED TIME. AGAIN, PLEASE WEAR A MASK.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, state-issued photo or passport.
(If you were born outside of the United States please call our office for more information.)
- Must have a copy of final divorce decree signed by the judge showing the date the divorce was final and the case number and file stamped by the court of record. (Decree must be translated & the signature of the translator notarized if the decree is in a foreign language.)
- Without certification of pre-marital counseling: $56.00
- With Certification of pre-marital counseling: $16.00
- Download Certification Form for Pre-Marital Counseling– Only the State Certification Form will be accepted.
- Both parties must be present (between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.; Monday-Friday. Closed from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. for lunch.)
- We accept cash, money order, or local Spalding County checks.
For a list of questions that will be asked during the marriage license application process, please click here. You will need to have this information readily available when you apply for the license.
Under 18 Years of Age?
Call the office at (770) 467-4341