This 184 acre property, now known as Dundee Lake Park, was originally used as a grist mill dating back to 1840. It was known as Dobbins Mill. In fact, parts of original foundation are still present. In 1940 the property was purchased by Dundee Mills to supply water for its mill operations. Dundee Community Association saw added benefits to this beautiful lake property and in 1946 they began allowing employees of the mill and their family members to use it as recreational space. For numerous years in the 1970’s & 1980’s this park was the site for the annual community wide Easter Egg Hunt.
In 2004 several storms damaged the property which resulted in it being closed for use. In that same year Spalding County proposed to purchase the property and add it to the public park system. On April 8, 2005 Spalding County purchased the 184 acre property.
This beautiful, natural property features a 28 acre fishing lake, two pavilions which can be rented, a restroom facility and many acres of natural beauty.
Pavilion #1 has 8 tables and has a capacity of 64 people. Pavilion #2 is multi-level and has a capacity of 110 people.